Monday, December 7, 2009

Course Reflection of Children's Literature

I am a HUGE fan of Children's literature. I have never been so excited to go into a book store in my life and just sit there, read, browse, and buy good literature. That is because I now know what good literature is and how to incoporate it into my classroom. I have learned so much about the different genres that can enhance learning in my classroom and that will get my own students to answer the difficult questions these books bring up.

I will use children's books in a variety of different ways in my classroom. Not just in elementary school but if I teach 5th or 6th grade I will also encoporate children's books because as I realized that most people loves books and I want my students to love books as well. I can use books to learn about different authors, illustrators, or poets, and learning about different types of genres. They will also be incporated in the reading workshop: guided reading, independent reading, literature study groups but importantly placed in the classroom so my studnets have the opportunity to browse through good literature. Chapter books will also be a great way to read aloud to my students in the class. Doing this they will see that I enjoy reading which will promote reading to them.

I love the blogs because there are so many opinions on books and seeing other students, teachers, and indivduals opinons on certain books really allow me to see many different sides of a situation. It also allows me to look for good literature from other blogs that students have created. It was a great class and I will take my personal experiences from this class into my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment